Dr. Gregory M. FoxBoard-Certified and Fellowship-Trained Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Greg Fox, a native of Chicago, first came to Bloomington in 1983, where he attended Indiana University on a football scholarship. After graduating with highest distinction and being elected to Phi Beta Kappa, Dr. Fox returned to Chicago to attend medical school at Northwestern University. At Northwestern, Dr. Fox was admitted to the Alpha Omega Alpha honorary medical society, and graduated with distinction in 1990. Dr. Fox served his internship and residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Wisconsin, and was appointed chief resident his final year. Next, Dr. Fox was a fellow at the American Sports Medicine Institute, where he trained under world renowned sports medicine surgeons Dr. James Andrews and Dr. Bill Clancy.
Dr. Fox is board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, and is subspecialty certified in sports medicine. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Indiana Orthopaedic Society, the Indiana State Medical Society, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society. He served as the Head Team Orthopedic Surgeon for Indiana University Football from 2002-2013. He continues to serve as an Orthopedic Consultant for the Indiana University Athletic Department, Bloomington High School North, and many other area schools and sports programs. Dr. Fox's special interests include shoulder, elbow, knee and ankle arthroscopy, ACL reconstruction, arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and shoulder stabilization.
- Undergraduate: Indiana University, Bloomington, IN
- Medical: Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Internship: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: American Sports Medicine Institute
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Indiana Orthopaedic Society
- Indiana State Medical Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Sports Medicine Fellowship Society
- Orthopaedic Consultant: Indiana University Athletic Department and many other area schools and sports programs
Gregory M. Fox, M.D.
Dr. Fox is a fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon and a respected authority in arthroscopic shoulder and knee reconstruction. Dr. Fox’s areas of expertise include rotator cuff repair, shoulder instability, ACL reconstruction and meniscal repair.
Last Modified: January 13, 2017